- Staging demo sites using accountchooser.BIZ instead of .COM:
- The "ACPop" demo website uses Popups instead of full-page redirects when consent is needed from an IDP (but in the future that consent step won't be needed if the IDP is only verifying the information the user selected in an account chooser entry)
- This demo uses the quick account chooser integration guide without adding support for identity providers
- A basic demo of avoiding that double consent can be tested as follows:
- Use a Gmail account to visit this configuration tool and give your consent to your account to be used with this second experimental feature. This opt-in step only needs to be done once per account.
- Now reconfigure your account to act like it has never visited the demo sites before. To do that, visit this Google account settings page and revoke access for any entries with the word gitkit.
- Now try opening an incognito or private browsing mode so you can see the type of experience for a first time user. Login to Gmail using this link instead of going directly to gmail.com. After you have done so, try visiting the two demo websites above and see what happens. You should find that you can immediately "sign-in by clicking your picture" without even having to pick from a list of identity providers. In the future an identity provider like Google could support this mode.